Services to Youth
The primary goals of this facet are to:
* Promote early literacy
* Implement local mentoring programs from kindergarten through college
* Close the academic achievement gaps from kindergarten through college
* Introduce and support Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) education and career readiness
Implement college readiness programs
* Increase high school and college graduation rates
* Award college scholarships and build educational endowments
* Promote and support Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
The Services to Youth facet is currently presenting five national initiatives and two signature programs in support of our mission to enrich the lives of, and advocate for the betterment of, African-American youth.
Services to Youth Facet
Carla Lane, Chair
Be A BOSS
Business Opportunities for Student Success
Being entrepreneurial isn’t just about starting companies. It is about having a vision and making it a reality. It is a way of thinking that can be learned and practiced.
Develop the entrepreneur mindset and skill sets to promote entrepreneurship in under severed communities.